Welcome to the second annual issue of the Western Investor Commercial Real Estate Guide for Investors.
The last year has seen momentous changes in the Western commercial and industrial markets. Vancouver has emerged with the hottest office market in the country. Calgary and Edmonton are shaking off a four-year slump with recovery in retail and industrial sectors, though Calgary’s office sector remains one of the biggest challenges in the country.
Winnipeg, Regina and Saskatoon are doing what they have always done best: deliver steady returns, the kind of consistent markets that many cities strive for and investors live for.
So where to invest? We have recruited a dozen commercial real estate superstars to answer that question in Western Investor Commercial Real Estate Guide for Investors in 2018.
- Frank O'Brien
Columns and features
- 1. Feature | Investing in the West
- 2. Investing in the office sector
- 3. Investing in industrial real estate
- 4. Better to buy than lease
- 5. Invest like a pension find
- 6. Sponsored Content: Limited Partnerships deliver real returns
- 7. Feature | Alberta rebound
- 8. Property management: retail
- 9. Save on contamination cleanup
- 10. Smart REIT Investing
- 11. Financing multi-family real estate
- 12. Top hotel markets in the West
- 13. Buying a business
- 14. Feature | Six top landlord cities
- 15. Farmland investing
- 16. Don't wait to buy land