WI Featured Real Estate
- Analysts torpedo Vancouver housing myths
- Done deals updated for November
- Onni takes over failed Colwood Corners project in Saanich
- Vancouver's new condo towers survive on Asian buyers
- Done Deals updated for October
- Top 10 towns in the West for real estate investors
- Dark side to Vancouver's "stunning" low property taxes
|Highest office tower slated for Winnipeg||| Print ||
|Wednesday, 27 March 2013 16:10|
The 33-storey structure will be eclipsed by a new tower by Fortress Real Developments Inc., scheduled to be built on a vacant parking lot in downtown Winnipeg.
An announcement detailing the specific site and design plans is expected shortly. The 36-storey building will reportedly include a combination of stores, parking stalls, office space and condominiums.
201 Portage, formerly the TD Centre and Canwest Place, became the tallest building in town when it was built back in 1991.
Downtown Winnipeg hasn't seen the kind of construction boom that other cities have, but there have been a number of major projects in recent years, most notably the $133.5 million MTS Centre, home to the NHL's Winnipeg Jets and one of the busiest facilities in North America, and the new headquarters for Manitoba Hydro, a 22-storey building encompassing nearly 700,000 square feet.
from Western Investor April 2013
Looking for listings? Over $2B in commercial real estate only in the Western Investor print and digital edition.
Click here to subscribe.
Call 604-669-8500 or
toll free 1-800-661-6988
The Western Investor is part of the Business in Vancouver Media Group.